Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
504 S Pitt St, ALEXANDRIA
Unique double lot townhome on the south side of Old Town Alexandria, close to a grocery store and across the street from a park. The home has been in the same family for over 100 years. This home is made up of 2 unites that have been combined into one and also has off street parking that could be made into a garage. It is very hard to find a home of this size in Old Town at this price. The home has an elevator and is set up with lots of handicap assistance and capabilities, including handicap baths on the main and upper levels. Main level has a side entry with a ramp, as well. Entry into the foyer, to the left on the street side, you will find a large living room, to the right is the family room with a large prick fireplace and bay window to the side. French doors on both sides of the fireplace lead to a covered porch and the courtyard behind it. Off the family room you will find a mudroom, kitchen with stainless steel appliances and natural cherry cabinets, gas cooktop. Large enough for a kitchen table and walks out to the courtyard. Off the living room you will find the formal dining room with large window to the street and a tray ceiling. To finish out the first floor, you have a large powder room that is handicap accessible, the elevator, and the stairwell. As you go to the upper level, you will find 3 huge bedrooms and an office that could easily be changed back into a 4th bedroom. It is currently being used as an office off the master. The master also has a covered porch off the back overlooking the patio and garden. There are two baths on the upper level as well. The lower level is only ~ of the townhome. There is a rec room, a bar, laundry. And utility room on that level. The elevator accesses all 3 levels, as well. In the rear yard, you find a brick patio, a grassy area, garden and a storage shed on the side of a brick driveway that allows for one or two off street parking spaces. Location is always so important and this home is sitting so close to the main side of old town but far enough away that it is very quiet and family friendly. If you took this house and remodeled it to fix your personal style, it will be one of the finest homes in Old Town.
- MLS® #VAAX240548
- Full Baths2
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage3,389
- Year Built1840
- Sub-TypeEnd of Row/Townhouse
- AmenitiesBar, Carpet, Master Bath(s), Elevator, Soaking Tub
- UtilitiesCable TV, DSL Available, Electric Available, Fiber Optics Available, Multiple Phone Lines, Natural Gas Available, Phone Connected, Sewer Available, Water Available
- ParkingBrick Driveway
- ViewGarden/Lawn, City, Courtyard, Park/Greenbelt
- Exterior FeaturesSidewalks, Extensive Hardscape, Flood Lights, Outbuilding Apartment, Street Lights, Porch(es), Porch-screened, Deck(s), Porch-enclosed, Fenced-Rear, Stone Fence
- Lot DescriptionRear Yard, Additional Lot(s), Level, Lot Premium, Road Frontage, Subdivision Possible
- WindowsSliding, Wood Frame, Low-E, Screens
- FoundationConcrete Perimeter
- Date ListedOctober 8th, 2019
- Days on Market42
- Address504 S Pitt St
- SubdivisionTHOMAS SHELTON ESTATE
- CountyALEXANDRIA CITY-VA
- Zip Code22314
- Interior FeaturesFloor Plan-Open
- AppliancesCooktop, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Icemaker, Oven-Wall, Built-In Microwave, Oven-Single, Stainless Steel Appliances, Washer
- HeatingCentral, Forced Air, Programmable Thermostat, Zoned
- CoolingCentral A/C, Programmable Thermostat, Zoned
- Has BasementYes
- BasementConnecting Stairway, Interior Access, Partial
- # of Fireplaces2
- FireplacesBrick, Mantel(s), Fireplace - Glass Doors, Wood
- # of Stories3
- Stories3+ Story
- DistrictALEXANDRIA CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- MiddleGEORGE WASHINGTON
- HighT.C. WILLIAMS
- Listing OfficeCasey Margenau Fine Homes and Estates, Inc.
The listing content relating to real estate for sale on this web site is courtesy of MRIS. Listing information comes from various brokers who participate in the MRIS IDX.Properties listed with brokerage firms other than Re/Max Ultimate are marked with the MRIS Logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.The properties displayed may not be all the properties available. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.All listing information copyright MRIS 2019.
Listing information last updated on November 18th, 2019 at 10:30pm CST.