Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
5115 Ravensworth Rd, ANNANDALE
This expanded Colonial, conveniently located just a half mile from 495, has been completely renovated and is surrounded by stunning professional landscaping. The home features six bedrooms, five full baths, and two half baths, including two spacious master suites and a main floor bedroom with an en suite full bath and large walk-in closet. 495 offers quick access to the express lanes and major routes - perfect for Northern Virginia commuters. TJ HS is just three miles away and the INOVA Center for Personal Health is less than a two mile drive.An ideal home for entertaining where French doors open to the foyer and adjoining gallery - an intimate and unique gathering space, complete with a wet bar, ample counter space, and featuring a dual sided fireplace with a brick mantle. Pocket doors close off this space for an undisturbed experience. A powder room and coat closet are nearby. To the right of the gallery is an equally spacious family room that shares the dual sided fireplace. To the left, the living and dining rooms. Each room distinguished by charming wainscoting and crown molding. The main floor also features a bedroom with a newly renovated en suite bathroom and an extra large walk-in closet. From the family room, two sets of French doors open to a covered porch; a second door exits through the mudroom to another covered porch. The dining room and kitchen open to a screened in porch overlooking a park like setting featuring a custom built 800 sq. ft. flagstone patio with a 6' wide fire pit and seat wall with space to host at least 16 guests. To the rear of the main level is a gourmet kitchen with granite countertops and nearly two of every appliance: two granite countertop islands, two cooktops - one Thermador gas range and hood, and one Gaggenau induction stovetop - two ovens and a heating drawer. The Thermador fridge is framed by two pantries with slide out shelving. The kitchen encloses a charming breakfast area with a bay window overlooking the backyard. Two additional cabinets feature a desk and granite counter with overhead glass front cabinetry. All cabinetry features under-cabinet lighting. A half bath is just off the kitchen. Upstairs, find four oversized bedrooms with extra large closets. Snuggle up in the enormous master suite with a gas fireplace, sitting area, dressing room, custom walk-in closet with abundant shelving, hanging space and storage, and a second laundry area with washer and dryer. The master bath features dual vanities, a separate WC, a large glass enclosed shower and whirlpool tub. The second master suite has a renovated bath, walk-in closet, dressing room and additional storage. Three HVAC units - two gas and one electric - heat and cool this home evenly and allow temperature control of specific areas in the home. One gas unit and the heat pump systems were replaced in 2018 and 2019. Two gas water heaters (replaced in 2017) and an external water pump ensure proper water pressure for the 13 zone irrigation system while allowing strong pressure inside the house as well. Two new battery backup sump pumps were installed in 2019. The remodeled basement, with a gas fireplace, features a sixth renovated bedroom and full bath. The game and media rooms are separated by a wet bar. Stunning outdoor living space is accented by a variety of perennials, flowering shrubs and flowering trees. Foundation plantings highlight the home with meandering flagstone walkway and a fish pond. Mature evergreen screening adds privacy, while providing year round color and texture. Evening moon lighting allows for guests to arrive and leave in comfort while also highlighting the landscape and trees with attractive up-lighting. Two storage sheds, an attached garage and a lengthy paved driveway are additional highlights.
- MLS® #VAFX1067650
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage5,807
- Year Built1982
- AmenitiesAttic, Built-Ins, Carpet, Cedar Closet(s), CeilngFan(s), Chair Railing, Crown Molding, Entry Lvl BR, Formal/Separate Dining Room, Master Bath(s), Pantry, Recessed Lighting, Sprinkler System, Upgraded Countertops, Walk-in Closet(s), Wet Bar/Bar, Wood Floors, Wainscotting
- UtilitiesCable TV Available
- ParkingPaved Driveway
- # of Garages1
- GaragesGarage - Side Entry
- ViewGarden/Lawn, Trees/Woods
- ExteriorBrick and Siding, HardiPlank
- Exterior FeaturesExterior Lighting, Secure Storage, Udrgrd Lwn Sprnklr, Porch(es), Patio, Porch-screened
- Lot DescriptionBacks to Trees, Cul-de-sac, Front Yard, Landscaping, Rear Yard, Secluded, Trees/Wooded
- WindowsBay/Bow, Screens, Double Pane
- Date ListedJune 21st, 2019
- Days on Market66
- Address5115 Ravensworth Rd
- SubdivisionBROOK HILLS ESTATE
- Zip Code22003
- Interior FeaturesFloor Plan-Traditional
- AppliancesBuilt-In Microwave, Cooktop, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Washer, Icemaker, Oven-Wall, Oven-Double, Oven/Range-Gas, Range hood, Refrigerator, Stainless Steel Appliances, Oven/Range-Electric, SurfaceUnit
- HeatingHeat Pump(s), Forced Air
- CoolingCentral A/C, Ceiling Fan(s), Heat Pump(s)
- Has BasementYes
- BasementFull, Connecting Stairway, Heated, Partially Finished, Side Entrance, Walkout Stairs
- # of Fireplaces3
- FireplacesInsert, Fireplace - Glass Doors, Wood, Screen, Mantel(s), Gas/Propane, Double Sided
- # of Stories3
- Stories3+ Story
- DistrictFAIRFAX COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Listing OfficeLong & Foster Real Estate, Inc.
The listing content relating to real estate for sale on this web site is courtesy of MRIS. Listing information comes from various brokers who participate in the MRIS IDX.Properties listed with brokerage firms other than Re/Max Ultimate are marked with the MRIS Logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.The properties displayed may not be all the properties available. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.All listing information copyright MRIS 2019.
Listing information last updated on August 26th, 2019 at 12:03am CDT.