Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
7917 Wild Orchid Way, FAIRFAX STATION
Don't miss amazing 3D experience: visit Matterport tour linked to the listing! Be prepared to get amazed by this architecturally designed one-of-kind home!This incredible property represents an ode to Modernist ideas about flowing space, natural light, truth to materials and the relationship between architecture and its environment. Nostalgic solarium at the first point of entry is just one of the desires to connect the outdoors inside. Solid brick-curved walls, wooden beams, expansive windows with panoramic tree-lined views are a beautiful compliment to the vaulted spaces and natural materials that mix well with Danish modern and mid-century mod decor. This grand and unique 80~ architectural gem is perfectly nestled on a lush 7.39 AC lot, hidden away from the hustle and bustle, yet near enough to be convenient via major arteries to DC or Fairfax. Yes, the exterior is breathtaking but the magic starts as soon as you cross the threshold.Clean and sleek lines, yet homey and warm feel will leave you breathless. Measuring a sprawling 6,462 square feet, this stunning residence features 4 Bedrooms and 3.5 Baths, a dramatic pitched roof with exposed wood beams, vaulted ceilings with a loft-style space with 2 bunk beds, majestic floor to ceiling stone and brick fireplaces, angled brick featured walls and numerous skylights. Current owner invested over $200,000 bringing the home back to its original glory.~Perfectly maintained Subzero refrigerator,~Preserved and refurbished solid oak kitchen cabinets with additional added new cabinetry,~2.5~ thick granite slab, 22~x18~ gourmet kitchen island with 2 sinks,~Jenn Air cooktop with 4 burners and grill, Jenn Air double ovens,~Custom dining room chandelier and teak cabinetry,~Refurbished wooden floors throughout,~Newly added den with walls of glass overlooking wooded paradise,~Newly added wet bar in the Family Room,~Highly desirable: Main level master suite features an ambient fireplace, stunning owners spa with an electric fireplace, double showers, his and her sinks, a huge spa tub and endless his and her dressing areas.A spiral staircase takes you to the upper level with a fully renovated bathroom, 2 grand size bedrooms, loft area with 2 beds, and unparalleled light streaming down the windows.*Completely renovated Au pair or teen quarters await you in the lower level with:8~ ceilings, recessed lighting, bar, modern full bath and new carpet throughout, 2nd kitchen, cedar closet, 2,158-wine bottle cellar, exercise room, and the laundry room.As if there is no end, don't forget to step outside and bask in the sun and warm summer breeze by the heated pool. Multiple deck levels welcome you and your large group of guests to endless entertainment, parties, and events large or small or did somebody say a Pony Birthday party in the front yard?Refurbished 3 car garage with 2 electric car chargers: Tesla and Universal.This house is more than a home. It represents you, its owner and your lifestyle. Welcome.
- MLS® #VAFX1082160
- Full Baths3
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage6,462
- Year Built1983
- AmenitiesBuilt-Ins, Curved Staircase, Entry Lvl BR, Master Bath(s), Recessed Lighting, Upgraded Countertops, Wet Bar/Bar, Wpool Jets, Shades/Blinds, Wood Floors, Air Filter System, CeilngFan(s), Central Vacuum, Water Treat System
- UtilitiesCable TV Available, Under Ground
- ParkingAsphalt Driveway
- # of Garages3
- GaragesGarage Door Opener
- ViewScenic Vista, Trees/Woods
- Has PoolYes
- PoolPool (In-Ground)
- ExteriorBrick and Siding
- Exterior FeaturesExtensive Hardscape, Stone Retaining Walls, BBQ Grill, Play Area, Play Equipment, Exterior Lighting, Flood Lights, Secure Storage, Deck(s), Roof Deck, Porch-wraparound, Fenced-Fully, Split Rail Fence, Pool (In-Ground), Kennels
- Lot DescriptionBacks to Trees, Landscaping, Private, Secluded
- WindowsDouble Pane, Skylights, Green House
- Date ListedAugust 29th, 2019
- Days on Market15
- Address7917 Wild Orchid Way
- SubdivisionDOMINION VALLEY HUNT
- CityFAIRFAX STATION
- Zip Code22039
- AppliancesCentral Vacuum, Cooktop, Cooktop-Down Draft, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Dryer-front loading, Exhaust Fan, Extra Refrg/Frz, Freezer, Icemaker, Intercom, Microwave, Oven-Double, Oven-Wall, Oven/Range-Electric, Oven/Range-Gas, Refrigerator, Six burner stove, Trash Compactor, Washer, Washer-front loading, Water Conditioner, Built-In Microwave, Humidifier, Air Cleaner
- HeatingHeat Pump(s), Zoned
- CoolingCeiling Fan(s), Central A/C, Heat Pump(s), Zoned
- Has BasementYes
- BasementFull, Fully Finished, Outside Entrance, Rear Entrance, Sump Pump, Walkout Level, Connecting Stairway
- # of Fireplaces2
- FireplacesGas/Propane, Mantel(s), Screen
- # of Stories3
- Stories3+ Story
- DistrictFAIRFAX COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Listing OfficeLong & Foster Real Estate, Inc.
Price Change History for 7917 Wild Orchid Way, FAIRFAX STATION, VA (MLS® #VAFX1082160)
|Status Changed from Active to Pending||–|
The listing content relating to real estate for sale on this web site is courtesy of MRIS. Listing information comes from various brokers who participate in the MRIS IDX.Properties listed with brokerage firms other than Re/Max Ultimate are marked with the MRIS Logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.The properties displayed may not be all the properties available. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.All listing information copyright MRIS 2019.
Listing information last updated on September 17th, 2019 at 11:45am CDT.